Wednesday, May 2, 2018

My heart is broken

I'm still in shock--I still can't believe that something like this could happen.


If you haven't already heard, Molly Watson, the beautiful soul behind Shinespark Polish, was killed this weekend. No, not killed, murdered. Someone purposefully took her life, took her away from the friends and family she meant everything to. And, the polish community that loved her.


I've worked with Molly for several years. I left every interaction with a smile. She was kind, she was sweet, she had a lovely spirit. The world is a sadder place without her.


I think one of the most valuable contributions you can make to the world is to bring others joy. Not only did Molly add a smile to my day, she brought smiles to countless people who never met her through her beautiful polishes. I realize that to non-polish fanatics, that might sound trite, but it isn't. It really isn't. In a world where someone can be ripped from their family at the prime of their life, any beauty, any joy, should be celebrated. And Molly had a gift for making gorgeous polishes that I loved to look at, that simply made me happy as I went through my day. And so the polish world is a sadder place without her.


A group of bloggers, makers, and fans will be creating manicures to celebrate the polishes Molly created, and the things she loved. If you want to join in, the hashtag is #ManisForMolly.


Here's my contribution, made with her most recent collection, filled with all the colors of the of her rainbow:

#ManisForMolly: Shinespark Polish Radical Flakes Collection


We'll miss you, Molly. I hope you're at peace.

M.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I was so sorry to hear this! I found the youcare page for Molly and donated towards the funeral expenses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add in the link to that...thanks for telling me.

      Delete
  2. I had a few of her polishes, the news hit me like a ton of bricks. So sad, so young. Your mani is beautiful just like her. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a loss. I still look at her polishes and just can't believe it.

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!