Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Blues & NCC Untrieds: Enchanted Garden

Hellllloooo everyone!

I've been horrendously bad about doing my challenges lately. And I've decided that that must stop. So I've further decided this week to combine my Monday Blues with my Nail Challenge Collaborative monthly theme for March: Untried polishes. You can guess what this means--I'll be showing you can untried blue. :)

When I swatched Barielle Ocean Breeze, I knew I wanted to do something special with it. I showed you the swatch with the entire collection last week, but here it is again as a reminder: 

Barielle Ocean Breeze

Barielle Ocean Breeze

And then I decided to go all Enchanted Garden on it! I used MoYou London's Mother Nature (previously known as Landscape) collection 05 to create my garden--I'll show you more about this plate in my next post:






First, I did a very soft saran-wrap method background with Sally Hansen Brisk Blue, to make it look a bit more like a natural sky. Then I used China Glaze Passion to stamp the bird bath/fountain, and Konad White to stamp the birds; I stamped the birds twice; I used the original stamp as a guide for my second stamp. I stamped the roses with Konad Red, and the stems of the roses with Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime. Finally on my pinky and thumb, I stamped an ivy border with Sally Hansen No S-pear Time. Oh yeah, btw, I do actually have a thumb, even though I rarely show it, lol: 





In this case, having the ivy on the thumb gave the manicure a symmetry that looks really good in real life, but is hard to photograph effectively. :)

In my next post, I'll show you the portions of the plate I used to make this, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, thank goodness the Monday workday is over!

Hugs and love,

M.







6 comments:

  1. That Barielle shade is gorgeous! Love the different colored stamping you did. It looks very whimsical to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I was proud of it, I admit. :) <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!