Friday, October 18, 2013

Before & After: C-S-I'm Too Late

Hello!

It seems that this month I am fated to be one day behind on my challenges...But I'm not giving up trying! Yesterday's theme in the CNT Halloween challenge was 'Blood and/or Gore', and who can skip that one??!!

I started with a base of China Glaze's Cast A Spell, from last year's Halloween collection; it's a blackened golden-olive fleck-finished polish perfect for your darker, gothier, more classic zombie moments, and it's a one-coater to boot!:


China Glaze Cast A Spell, one coat, artificial light




I wanted to make this look like a creepy crime scene, so first I took the splatter image from the new Bundle Monster set (BM416), and I painted a stripe of Konad Red polish down it diagonally, and carefully scraped to minimize where the polish went (let me know if you'd like a tutorial on how I did this). At first I tried stamping this directly on top of Cast A Spell, but it didn't show up as brightly as I wanted it to--this is the time for a bright, gory effect! So, I did this again with Barry M Silver Foil, and then stamped the same image section over that in red. I didn't worry about doing this perfectly, because having some of the silver foil actually gives it a more dramatic contrast. Then I stamped the skeleton parts using Konad white and Bunny Nails HD03, and Mash 29; I left the red polish on my skin to give it more of that blood-splatter look:



Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?


He didn't have the guts. 




I am so proud of this mani! I think it may be my favorite Halloween mani I've done this year. It's horrendously gory and spectacularly scary. I think I may even wear it on Halloween, or when I go on my yearly haunt!

Thanks for taking a look, and please don't forget to take a look at the other Bloody/Gory manicures below. :)

Haunting hugs,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome design! And when I saw the base colour my first thought was "I WANT THAT!" Followed by "Wait...I totally forgot I DO own it!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't you love it when that happens?? :) And thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this so much!!!!!!! One day I will dupe this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is high praise indeed from the Queen of macabre manicures!!! Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  3. He didn't have the guts, hee hee :) Another awesome creation, Michelke! I'm so impressed with your ability to do spooky yet fun and wearable (and decidedly un-disgusting, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much for seeing the joke!!! And thank you for the compliment, that's a really lovely thing to say about that balance. :) <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!