Sunday, May 19, 2013

NOTD: Bright skittle stamping :)

Hello!

Today's Sunday Stamping prompt in Adventures In Stamping is to stamp over a skittle. These days my favorite type of skittle is a 2 + 2 skittle, with two colors each on two nails, and one of the colors on the thumb (although you never get to see the thumb, lol).

I was feeling very summery, so I decided to go with some deliciously bright summer colors. I chose Zoya Darcy, a bright lemon creme, and Zoya Mitzy, an avocado matte. Holy moly, Mitzy is a huge pain in the butt to apply--I mean on the level of old-school holo pain in the butt. Not only did I have to pull out every trick in my bag to apply it, I had to invent new ones. It made the application of Darcy look easy, impressive as she was a bit problematic, too. Don't get me wrong, I love Zoya, and most of the time have little or no problem with their formula--and ever brand has a few difficult children. So I don't mean to malign the brand, at all. I just had to get that little whine off my chest. :)

Back to the issue at hand. Next I put D&R Apothecary (formerly known as Hit Polish) Sour Candies over Darcy on my pinkie and index finger; Sour Candies is a very fun mix of blue, green, yellow and white glitters of varying sizes, in a nearly clear green-jelly base. Then, I stamped over Mitzi with China Glaze Hanging In The Balance, using Cheeky plate GA3. Finally, I finished off with two yellow glequins on the middle nails:




If that doesn't put some summer spring in your step, I don't know what will! Yes, it's bright, and I love this combination of colors for summertime. Maybe subconsciously it reminds me of a beach ball or something. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Peace and love,
M.

5 comments:

  1. It is perfect for summer! And it actually kind of does remind me of beach ball colors! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and summery. I hope the weather over here will follow up with the summer feel as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!