Friday, March 15, 2013

Before & After: St. Paddy skittles + note about Google Reader :)

Hello!!

Okay, first the obligatory note about Google Reader shutting down on July 1st. Probably you already know about this, but in case you don't--yeah, it's gonna. I personally prefer Bloglovin' for keeping up with my blog reading, so this isn't a huge deal for me ::dodges the rotten tomatoes being thrown at her::, but I know that most people prefer Google Reader, so I'm sorry to hear this on your behalf if you do. The good news is that you can easily switch to several other readers, including Bloglovin', which allows you to import all of your blogs from GR with literally one click of the mouse.

Up 'til now I've run my giveaways using GFC to verify you're a follower. It's not a secret that people have a feeling that GFC will be following GR before too long...so I'm hoping Bloglovin' will change their system so you can see more than just your most recent 20 followers. Speaking of which, my next giveaway will be at 500 followers on either GFC, Bloglovin' or 600 with them combined. :) I have a Bloglovin' button on my sidebar if you want to follow me that way. :)

But on to the important thing--the polish and the manicure!

Today I have another St. Patrick's Day manicure for you--remember I wore China Glaze's L8R G8R a while back, and then made my Pot O' Gold manicure on one hand of it? This is what I did with the other hand. So here again is the lovely L8R G8R, looking slightly lighter in color than it does IRL:


China Glaze L8R G8R in direct light

I did this manicure first, so didn't realize how much the brilliance would show through even under glitter; so I kept this simple to keep a lot of the polish showing:







On the index finger, I stamped some shamrocks with Bunny Nails plate HD-B, using Butter London British Racing Green. On the middle finger, I did a saran-wrap mash-up with Butter London BRG and Barry M Gold Foil. On the ring finger, I put green and gold microbeads, and on the pinkie, I sponged some China Glaze Graffiti Glitter. St. Paddy Skittles FTW!

Thanks for taking a look. :)

Xoxox,
M.

5 comments:

  1. Bloglovinis great but the problem is that I can't see who is following when I want to check the giveaways... I'm only allowed to see the first 20 followers of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'll be darned, you're right. I just ran to check and it just shows the first 20 and then says +more followers. Well that's not going to work! ARGH. Hopefully GFC will stay around in that case. I think I'll also contact Bloglovin' and ask them to change that in light of the Google Reader issue...maybe if they get requests they'll consider it. :(

      Delete
  2. I just recently staryed my blog. How do I get my blog on bloglovin'. And how do I change the blogs I follow to bloglovin?? Very pretty mani!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Okay, as for Bloglovin', it's been a while since I did it, but here's what I remember. When you go to www.bloglovin.com, it will have you set up an account, which, if I remember correctly, you can do easily by hooking up to Facebook. Then it will ask you if you want to hook up a blog to your account, and you give it the URL of your blog. Once you set that up, anyone can search for the name of your blog. But, the easiest way to get your followers access to you blog on Bloglovin' is to put a button in your sidebar, and you can get that from the drop-down menu next to your name on the upper right corner of the Bloglovin' page.

      Also, when you set up your account, there should be a thing that asks you 'do you want to merge (or import, or something) your blog list from Google Reader' and you just click the button. :)

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. This was so helpful!! Thank you so much!!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!