Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Indie-licious Review: InDecisive Polish

Hello!!

I'm very excited to have a new indie polish maker to share with you today: InDecisive Nail Lacquer. Aleksandra just opened up her Etsy store at the end of November, but I have to warn you--her polish is amazing. I have three polishes from her line to show you, and they are all incredibly special.

First, a few words about her line. She currently has seven polishes in her store, and she has managed to pack an impressive amount of variety into those seven. Looking for a holo? Check. Looking for a glitter topper? Psh, of course. Looking for glitter polishes in amazing base colors? Got 'em. Oh, and a gorgeous creme with a little surprise? Sure thing. But perhaps most impressive of all--how about a topper that turns any polish into a temperature-sensitive color-changing polish (clear at the warm end, black at the cold end)? How cool is that?

The first polish I'm going to show you is Cosmic Bubbles, a royal blue jelly with white hex and square glitters of various sizes:






InDecisive Cosmic Bubbles in direct sunlight




I've spent most of my life in California, in an area where it never snows. When I went back to New England to visit family a few years ago, it started snowing the night I arrived. It was a gentle, silent snowfall, with hardly any wind, and beautiful white flakes coming down against a dark night sky. It was a very magical moment for me, and this polish captures it perfectly. The richly pigmented blue, accented with the white hexes that show through at different depths...just stunning.

These pictures are two coats of the polish with topcoat. The polish dries to a flat sort of finish, so if you like finishes like that, you can skip the topcoat, but I think this looks like a deep jewel with the gloss of the topcoat. The formula was wonderful, no trouble whatsoever, and the glitter laid perfectly without any hassle from me.


Next I have Lush, another richly pigmented polish, this time an intense kelly green creme. When I saw this on her site, I was instantly in love, but little did I know there was a surprise waiting for me...a gentle spray of silver microglitter in the polish, just enough to give the polish a little something extra special:


InDecisive Lush in overcast light--notice the tiny bit of silver microglitter!

InDecisive Lush in indirect light

A bit closer...


And a fourth picture just because I couldn't bear to narrow it down to three :) 

I couldn't take my eyes off of this polish. The finish is so smooth and pretty and the color is just captivating. I did some nail art with it that I'll show you later, and even with decoration, the beauty of the polish shone through. This is two coats with topcoat, although you can get away with one coat if you're careful. Again, the formula was a joy to work with--smooth, silky, perfect.


Finally, I have Sparkly Vampire, a blood-red jelly with tiny red and black glitters throughout. You know I love red. You know I love vampy polishes. So it won't be a surprise to hear that I love a red, vampy polish...but seriously, tell me this isn't a beauty:


InDecisive Sparkly Vampire in direct sun (Edward eat your heart out)

With fingernails that shine like justice...


And a voice that's dark like tinted glass..

InDecisive Sparkly Vampire in indirect light

She is fast, thorough, and sharp as a tack.

In her description, she says that this is the goth sister of China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Okay, yes, I can see that, but I have a different take. If Ruby Pumps is the polish that Dorothy wears out on first dates, this is the polish she wears on that third date when...well, we all know what that third date means. This is a sexy polish that has glitter and shine, but not in a heavy-handed way. It's mature and feminine, bold while still being lady-like. This is a polish for a woman who wants to be noticed--in a very good way.

These pictures have two coats with topcoat. The formula was very good; I did have a tiny bit of unevenness on my first coat, but I think that's my basecoat's fault (it seems to hate jellies). It all evened out beautifully with the second coat without any hassle on my part at all.


Overall, I'm extremely impressed with these polishes, and with this line. You've all heard me complain about jellies, and how I struggle with them. These gave me no trouble at all--it was like they weren't jellies at all! All of the polishes are of incredibly high quality, something that eludes some indie brands that have been around for a lot longer than InDecisive; in fact, any big brand polish would be lucky to have these in their line. Of course they're 3-free and cruelty free. And in her personal communication with me, Aleksandra showed a genuine interest in the quality of her polishes, and asked for my honest feedback for that purpose--but I don't have anything to say other than--moar please! :)

You can find InDecisive Nail Lacquers in her Etsy shop by clicking here. Her polishes vary in price depending on whether or not they involve specialty ingredients, but are standard for indie polishes. Please take a minute to check out her store--I promise you, you won't be sorry!

Thanks as always for reading. :)

Xoxox,
M.

(The polishes in this post were sent for my honest, unbiased review.)

10 comments:

  1. I love Cosmic Bubbles. The shade is gorgeous and has so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...I've seen a lot of plays on the white-blue combo in glitters, and this is the one that just made my jaw drop. <3

      Delete
  2. Oooh those are all beautiful. I can't decide which one I like best. The blue does look like snowflakes falling in a night sky. The little silver sparkles are a bonus in that gorgeous green polish, and yes you can see them, and that last one the blood red glittery polish. It looks like a pool of color that you could just immerse yourself in. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I don't have to pick a favorite, lol. And yes, I was also really impressed at how the red glitter polish looked in the light, just so smooth and pretty. :)

      Delete
  3. Woaw, great polishes you have. I love the red one. Kiss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out her other ones, too, they're all just gorgeous! *mmwwaahh*

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! These nail colors are all so pretty. each and every color is perfect for any occasion or for everyday wear. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How would I go about getting these polishes ?? the red and blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can click on the link at the bottom of the post, or copy and paste this into your browser:

      http://www.etsy.com/shop/InDecisiveLacquer

      Enjoy! They're beautiful polishes, you're going to love them. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!