Sunday, January 13, 2013

Before & After: Whimsical Ideas By Pam Hatched

Hello!

Today's prompt in the CNT 31 Day Challenge is 'your cheer-yourself-up mani'. I don't really have one of those, so I am taking this as an official sign that it's time I did have one!

I started with one of the most cheerful polishes I own, Whimsical Ideas By Pam's Hatched. It's a pale yellow creme with multi colored teeny and medium hexes in various primary-ish colors, especially green, purple, and blue:


Whimsical Ideas by Pam's Hatched

Sort of like cupcakes with sprinkles...:)

So what do you do to this sort of polish that plays up the whimsy, but doesn't cover it? I decided to play with the colors of the glitter in the polish and add to the different sizes by doing a multi-sized dotticure on it:

Dot dot dot...dot dot dot...dot your mani!

Do not look directly into the dots...


To do this, I used Sally Hansen's Brisk Blue, Lickety-Split Lime, and Lively Lilac. I used three different sizes of dotting tools and swept slightly different angles of archs over each nail, trying to create a sort of continuum between the middle and ring fingers.

So does the mani cheer me up? Yes, it's the sort of mani that definitely makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile, too!

Thanks for looking, and please allow yourself to be cheered by the other manis linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.


10 comments:

  1. It's really pretty! Love the colors you've used :) it reminds me of the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a cheerful manicure! When I feel low, I don't have the energy to do my nails, my friends know there's something wrong when my nails are bare. How do you feel about hopping on a flight to London and doing them for me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, send me a ticket, and I'm totally there! ;-) I know how you feel, that's what happens to me a lot, too--when I get depressed, my nails are either bare or get horribly chipped because it's been so long since I've painted them. Usually the second 'cause I'm too depressed even to care about removing the polish, lol.

      Delete
  3. Love this mani. It's do cute an happy. Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! This mani is so pretty. Love the color combos and the design. I find it perfect for everyday wear for it looks light and happy. I find it classy too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like a Easter bunny egg! its adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!