Friday, May 25, 2012

Review: More Spoiled Wet n Wild Glitters

Hello!

Yesterday I picked up two more of the Wet n Wild Spoiled colors, both glitters, Jewelry Heist and Ants In Your Pants. I couldn't resist...since there was only one bottle of Jewelry Heist, I convinced myself that if I didn't grab it, I'd never see it again...>.>

Jewelry Heist isn't like anything I've ever seen before. It's made up of muted rose, purple, gold, silver and teal glitters in a clear base (these aren't pastels). The colors are somewhat complex, because they change and reflect the light and colors around them to a degree: 
Jewerly Heist in the sunlight



Jewelry Heist in the shade
Here are some swatches: 2 coats, no topcoat.
Jewelry Heist swatch in the sunlight

Jewelry Heist swatch in the shade

Jewelry Heist swatch in the shade


Ants In Your Pants is a red glitter in a black base that flashes different shades of red-orange. I have to admit that I don't understand the name...if it had been 'Fire Ants' maybe, but otherwise I just don't see it. However, that doesn't stop me from liking it. I don't adore it quite the way I thought I would, but I do like it and I'm sure I'll get use out of it.

Ants In Your Pants in the sun

Ants In Your Pants in the shade

...And your swatches, 2 coats with no topcoats:
Ants In Your Pants swatch in the sun

Ants In Your Pants swatch in the shade

The more I see of this line, the more I like it (except for the fact that the blues and purples stain my nails more than I'd like). They don't just go for the obvious, but play around with colors and textures, and I'm loving it. These glitters start to approach the coolness level of the indies I've seen (Jewelry Heist does, for sure). For the price, you can't beat that. :)

(btw, the glitter to the right of Ants In Your Pants is Milani's Red Sparkle. Unoriginal name for an amazing glitter. :) )

Thanks for taking a look!

M.

(the products in this review were purchased with my own money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!