Sunday, May 13, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Color Club's Wild and Willing


Hello!

Here is another recent manicure that evolved with stamping after a day of wear. I started with Color Club's Wild and Willing...it's a beautiful metallic duochrome that goes through a range from rose gold to regular gold to copper to a greenish gold at the edges:



Isn't it pretty? :) When I decided to stamp it, I wanted to pick something that would go well with it, but that wouldn't hide the lovely colors. So, I went with Bundle Monster plate BM203, and stamped it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Coco A-Go-Go. I used the full pattern on my accent nail, and only the top of it on the rest. Here's what I got:



When I first stamped this, I messed it up on a massive scale. I double-stamped on the ring finger for my accent nail, because it didn't apply correctly at first, and I'd already re-done it once so there was no more topcoat safety net. On the rest of the nails, I stamped just the top part of the design, with mixed results. I tried to think of a way to fix it, but there was nothing to be done but to start over...So, I started over from scratch on the accent nail and fixed what else I could.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not because it wasn't quite what I had envisioned, but after sitting with it for a little while, I've decided I do like it. :) It's retro-1960s-space-age-y, with a metallic shine that I love. I like to think that Judy would have worn it on the Jetsons. :)

Thanks for looking,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!